Friday, April 17, 2009

The First Day of University

“Ziiiiing ziiiiiiing” The cell phone alarmed. I woke up fumbling my hand at the cell phone ,pestering, &; as usual, I threw the poor cellphone at the wall. Because it had dared to wake me up; I laid down again and closed my eyes to go back to “sleep like a log.”
It hadn`t last less than one minute that my friend, Ehsan , started shaking me .
‘What the hell are you doing?’ I complained angrily, ‘let me sleep.’
“Hey ......, it’s your first day of university, shake a leg, get uuuuup.” he shouted.
As I heard the word “university,” I hopped out of my bed & got dressed. I did that so quickly that every one was stiffed in his place.
We had a great enthusiasm because it was the first day of university for three of us, and I myself had made an imaginary palace of there.
Anyway we set off toward the faculty by the dormitory bus.
in the way I was looking at the people in the bus ,carefully, the people that I should got used to them for at least four years.
As the bus turned to the faculty street, my heart started thumping; I thought that there is a beautiful & big building, that is waiting for me.
As the bus stopped, my roommate, Ehsan, told me: “Hop to it, buddy; we arrived.”
I ,looking out of the window, said: “Where is that? I can`t see.”
He pointed to a door at the corner of an impasse alley.
“Oh, shit,” I said, “It can`t be true.” (In that time I had collapsed & lost all of my enthusiasm.)it wasn`t that palace that I had expected.
Anyway I want to say that, at the first day of going to the faculty I got so depressed , but I hope all of us come out of it SUCCESSFUL &; HAPPY.

Written by A.M.Rahmani April 17,2009

4 comments:

Morteza Naghipoor said...

Hi Morteza,
It sounds like you have got a nice descriptive mind.By the way,did you attend the university the first day?(just kidding)
Best wishes

Ghazal Zoghi said...

The same thing has happened to me several times. Like I had some thoughts about someone or something or even a place but later it proved wrong when I encountered them. Lately I've decided not to use my imagination before I see anything. I usually even expect the worst so that when I encounter that thing or place or person my bubbles wouldn't be burst!

Morteza said...

Hi M Naghipoor,
Thanks a lot for being watchful; But if you pay attention, you can see that I never mentioned the first day of "Mehr" in my post.
I meant the very first day that I went to the university.
Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

"Agha Morteza,eyval!"
I had almost the same feeling!
I hope it ends the way we expect.
All the best.